The narrow Hill House Chair was designed 1903 by Charles Rennie Mackintosh to be decorative piece of furniture for storing gloves. This reproduction from the 80′s is crafted in Italy and of black lacquered ashwood. The seat is tan colored leather.
This Chair’s Story
Charles Rennie Mackintosh, the creator of the Hill House Chair, was a skilled interior designer, painter and decorator who became known for his inventive interpretation of Art Nouveau. His so-called “Spook School” did not gain immediate notoriety due to its unconformity to the standards of French and Belgium Art Nouveau. His participation in such landmark events, such as the 1902 exhibit of Modern Decorative Arts in Turin, and the 1931 Exhibition of the Vienna Secession School, solidified his place in the history of design.
The original Hill House Chair still resides at the Hill House in Helensburgh, Scotland.
|MATERIALS:||Black lacquered ashwood with leather upholstered seat in expanded foam.|
|WIDTH BACK:||26 cm / 10.2 in|
|WIDTH FRONT:||41.5 cm / 16.3 in|
|DEPTH:||35.5 cm / 14 in|
|HEIGHT:||140 cm / 55.1 in|
|SEAT HEIGHT:||43 cm / 17 in|